Clinical Skills Education's Medical Sites Join UBM Medica US Partner Alliance
Partnership combines EKG and auscultation training sites with the leading industry reach and resources of UBM Medica US
NORWALK, Conn., Nov. 21, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Clinical Skills Education LLC announced today a new marketing and distribution collaboration with UBM Medica US. Clinical Skills Education's websites – EKG.Academy and Auscultation.Education – provide training materials for medical professionals on EKG analysis, cardiac animation, and lung sounds.
UBM Medica US is one of the largest media companies in the United States serving the healthcare industry and delivers integrated and strategic communication solutions to a comprehensive audience of medical professionals and healthcare consumers through online, print, live, and custom programs.
"Clinical Skills Education is very pleased to be working with UBM Medica US to bring our popular EKG and auscultation training materials to a wider healthcare audience," said Lisa Oresick, Marketing Director at Clinical Skills Education.
Through this marketing and distribution partnership, medical professionals will benefit from content across EKG.Academy and Auscultation.Education, including:
- Six comprehensive mini-courses on EKG interpretation – providing the essentials of EKG rhythm analysis – written by Thomas O'Brien, author of Electrocardiography for Health Care Personnel
- EKG Rhythms Self Test training module, which presents over 500 EKG strips for interpretation followed by expert analysis of each rhythm strip
- Essential Heart Sounds – which builds upon the heart simulator technology developed by Dr. Jon Keroes and David Liberman and originally published by Lippencott and 3M Littmann – offers sound recordings that are accompanied by descriptive text and an innovative 3D cardiac animation illustrating the functioning heart and source of each heart sound
- Essential Lung Sounds focuses on 10 commonly heard lung sounds, with each lesson including a sound recording, description of the abnormality, a visual waveform, and a practice drill
- "We are excited to bring on Clinical Skills Education's specialty sites," stated Devin Eppley, Partner Relations Manager at UBM Medica US. "Cardiology, pulmonology, and primary care are very popular specialty areas, and we are happy to be able to offer these training resources and materials to our audience."
About Clinical Skills Education LLC The Clinical Skills Education team has trained over one million healthcare professionals on EKG interpretation as well as heart and lung sounds.
About UBM Medica US Addressing today's healthcare information needs, UBM Medica US, delivers strategic, integrated communications solutions and comprehensive reach -- online, in print, via custom programs and live events. Improving the effectiveness of healthcare through information and education, UBM Medica US provides unbiased clinical, practical, and business information for physicians, providers and payers resulting in improved quality of care for patients around the world. Through journals, magazines, online communities, live and digital events, and other valuable resources, UBM Medica US also delivers comprehensive communication solutions for the pharmaceutical and related industries. Online communities include CancerNetwork.com, ConsultantLive.com, DiagnosticImaging.com, RheumatologyNetwork.com, OBGYN.net, PhysiciansPractice.com, PsychiatricTimes.com and SearchMedica.com. UBM Medica US is part of UBM Americas which, through a range of aligned interactive environments, both physical and digital – increases business effectiveness for both customers and audiences through meaningful experiences, knowledge and connections. Headquartered in New York, UBM Americas brings together UBM's healthcare business, UBM Medica US; UBM Tech's technology communities, live events and custom services; UBM Canon's advanced design and manufacturing event, online and print brands; UBM Connect New York's catering, cruise shipping, contact-center management, and fine, specialty and custom chemical communities; and UBM Mexico's concrete, construction and hospitality services shows. For more information, visit www.UBMMedicaUS.com.
About UBM plc UBM plc is a global events-led marketing services and communications company. We help businesses do business, bringing the world's buyers and sellers together at events and online, as well as producing and distributing news and specialist content. Our 5,500 staff in more than 30 countries are organised into expert teams which serve commercial and professional communities, helping them to do business and their markets to work effectively and efficiently.
For more information, go to http://www.ubm.com; follow us on Twitter at @UBM_plc to get the latest UBM corporate news; follow @UBM for news and updates from across the businesses and selected members of UBM's Twitterati.
Media Contacts: Clinical Skills Education LLC Lisa Oresick508.864-5743 email@example.com
UBM Medica US Amy Erdman 203.523.7041 firstname.lastname@example.org
SOURCE UBM Medica US
RELATED LINKS http://www.UBMMedicaUS.com